Children’s Uniform Expectations
At Archbishop Wake, all children are expected to wear smart school uniform:
- School sweatshirt/cardigan (or, alternative red jumper/cardigan)
- Black or grey trousers/skirt/shorts – no leggings or jeans
- White or red polo shirt (or white school shirt)
- Black sensible shoes - no high heels, trainers, or boots (black or white sandals may be worn in the summer, but children must still wear socks)
- White/black/grey/red socks or tights
Other logo items available from our suppliers:
- School baseball cap
- Red school fleece (outdoor use only)
- Summer dress - red check or stripe
Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back with a suitably coloured (preferably red – or one that matches hair colour), soft hair band. Please avoid hair bands with large bows.
The two key reasons behind this policy are to prevent the spread of head lice and for health and safety – to prevent long hair entanglement in equipment, such as climbing frames and other apparatus.
Jewellery is not permitted except for a small watch and single stud earrings.
- Plain white or red t-shirt (strictly NO football shirts)
- Black or blue shorts
- Trainers or plimsolls
- Plain tracksuit, if required, during the winter months (November to February) for outdoor games.