English Tasks - Week beginning 15th June.
Reading Comprehension - Must Do Task.
Punctuation and Grammar Challenge Cards - Must Do Tasks
Writing Tasks - Must Do.
Last week, you began to think about the discussion question -
Is learning at home better than learning at school?
You wrote a paragraph giving your viewpoint.
This week, we are going to look at BOTH sides of the discussion.
- Start by reading the PowerPoint on the structure and features of a discussion text.
- Next, use the planning sheet structure to record your reasons FOR and AGAINST learning at home - IN NOTES not full sentences. Make sure you have at least 3 reasons for both sides, with evidence.
- Now have a go at writing the paragraph FOR
- After that, have a go at writing the paragraph AGAINST.
- Re - read both paragraphs. Can you make improvements?
- Have you followed the structure? Used logical connectives and sentence starts? Have you made sure you have equal amounts of reasons on both sides so it is a balanced argument?